Get The Information You Need Before Choosing An Attorney
Your attorney should be able to handle even the most difficult questions. Make sure to ask any potential attorney critical questions regarding experience, case management styles, legal fees and team members before you decide to hire him or her. Some of the top questions to ask your attorney are:
- Have you ever handled a case like mine before? If so, how many? What kind of outcome did you get in such cases?
- How long have you been practicing law? How long have you been practicing in this specific area of law?
- What different kinds of outcomes have you experienced in these cases? What alternatives do I have in resolving the matter? Do you have experience using those alternatives?
- If I hire you, how often will I be speaking with you directly? How will we communicate as you handle my case?
- Do you typically try to settle cases out of court? Do you prefer to practice in the courtroom? Which area are you more comfortable with and why?
- Does anyone other than an attorney ever come in contact with my file? How much of the work does the paralegal or legal secretary handle?
Choosing the right lawyer can be daunting. Not all law firms have the ability to achieve favorable results in complex cases such as criminal defense, family law and real estate. Serino, MacKay & Berube PLLC has more than 45 years of combined legal experience to protect your rights and your best interests in a wide range of legal matters. Do not hesitate to have a conversation with us to discuss our experience and ability to positively influence your case. Reach our Poughkeepsie, New York, attorneys online or by telephone at 845-462-0001 to schedule a free initial consultation.